Lancaster Foods is one of the largest and most succesful wholesale produce providers in the industry. We are expanding our Production Maintenance Team. We are looking to hire an experienced Full-Time Mechanic who enjoys working in a warehouse environment.
SCHEDULE: Hours are based on business needs. Must be able to work Nights, Holiday, and Weekend.
~Qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test.~
The Mechanic repair and maintains the quality of equipment in the warehouse.
- Must have Mig and Tig welding experience with steel and aluminum.
- Ability to answer examination questions relating to the operation, maintenance and the management of the production equipment.
- Perform tasks associated with qualifications of C mechanics.
- Properly perform preventive maintenance and services on production equipment by following set practices by manufacturer and employer guidelines.
- Repairing PLCsystems and can repair basic hydraulic system
- Soldering of copper pipe
- Proper use of an electrical meter for troubleshooting, both in A/C and D/C
- Read Blueprints and schematics
- Troubleshoot pneumatic components
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Industry or manufacturer’s technician certifications preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of Powered Industrial Equipment.
- Obtain Powered Industrial Certification for lift trucks, pallet jacks and man lifts preferred, but not necessary.
- Basic mechanical skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.