Lancaster Foods, is hiring for a dependable and detail-oriented Yard Jocky to join our team. Per DOT's requirement, all Driver candidates must give us a 10 year work history.
SCHEDULE: Must be able to work a flexible schedule to including holidays and weekends.
Please DO NOT apply if you do not hold a CDL A license.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test.~
Transport product and equipment from and to warehouses, stores and other designated locations. Reports to Transportation Supervisor.
- Pre and post trip inspect Commercial Motor Vehicles.
- Moves trailers and box trucks into available dock doors as needed. Manages yard as necessary.
- Documents out of service vehicles and ensures Transportation Supervisor and Manager are aware of issues.
- Deliver product to destination. Travel both local and regional distances as required.
- Maintain safe vehicle and conditions. Protect load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Maintain records by completing driver log; obtaining shipper and receiver authorizations; filing documents.
- Maintain cleanliness of Lancaster property.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate basic math skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a commercial vehicle.
- A minimum of two years tractor-trailer – over the road driving experience on public streets/highways.
- Must possess and maintain a permanent Class “A” CDL.
- Must be free of violation points and serious traffic violations within the past three years.
- Must not have been disqualified for any reason within the past 10 years.
- Must maintain all driver qualifications required by FMCSR part 391.
- Must pass functional assessment test and vehicle road test.
- Must not have been disqualified/unqualified as a CMV driver for a drug/alcohol offense within the last ten years.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony during the last 10 years.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit or assigned work location. Bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps and ladders regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all times.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.