DOT Coordinator/Admin Assistant for the Transportation Department
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Do you have expereince in a Transportation Department reporting to DOT of MD? Do you have a great disposition and love working with spreadsheets? If so, this position is for you!
Responsible for compliance of the LF Transportation Department to US Department of Transportation and State of Maryland laws regarding transportation. Supervises Driver Trainers. Reports to Transportation Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the Transportation Department is compliant with all DOT regulations and requirements.
- Responsible for tracking drivers hours and receiving driver and manager approval for payroll.
- Manage the driving staff including but not limited to hours of service, DVIRs, and routing manifests.
- Handle and coordinate Forward Thinking or current on board EBOR updates and repair issues.
- Monitor and report on our CVSA scores and issues.
- Follow up and ensure drivers are being trained properly.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for driving training staff.
- Assist and provide coverage for the transportation supervisorial staff as needed.
- Formulate, devise, and execute a routing plan to ensure timely and efficient deliveries to stores and servicing of store needs.
- Anticipate, minimize, and eliminate potential problems that may interfere with on-time delivery.
- Analyze and manage driver performance with the Forward Thinking System.
- Enter purchase orders into Produce Pro and make customer delivery appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College Degree Preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- CDL A or B driving experience is desired
- A minimum of five years of related experience. At least three years of supervisory experience.
- A minimum of one to three years experience routing in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills. UPS Logistics Roadnet, or Forward Thinking knowledge, or similar computer routing software is necessary.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 75 pounds, work in temperatures, which average 36 degrees, work in a wet, damp and dusty environment, and ability to read/understand warehouse documents.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Steel Toed Shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt] and your ID badge/timecard.