Are you familiar with perishables? Do you have supervisory experience?
If so, we are looking for a Day Shipping Supervisor to oversee preparation of orders to be loaded on to trucks and trailers. Manages employees assigned to their area. Reports to Operations Manager.
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test. ~
- Check and record all items for shipment utilizing Produce Pro.
- Prepare items for shipment by assembling, packing, protecting and labeling containers.
- Determine method of shipment by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate and time of shipment.
- Ship items by verifying content, quantity and condition of items. Route trucks as required.
- Communicate with buyer(s) on a daily basis.
- Oversee Order Pullers, Reach Truck Operators, Loaders and Crew Leaders in assigned area.
- With the Operations Manager: Interview, select, train and schedule personnel
- Conduct annual performance reviews and address/document disciplinary matters as needed. Works with Operations Manager to ensure all employees are treated consistently and fairly. Makes recommendations as needed to other Managers.
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- A minimum of four years of related experience preferably in Perishables. At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of Powered Industrial Equipment.
- Ability to maintain Powered Industrial Certification for lift trucks, pallet jacks and man lifts.ds.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Must wear a hairnet, beard net [if applicable], and a white lab coat at all times in the production part of the warehouse. Must observe all GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Lancaster Foods offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.