Are you a Class A regional/local or OTR driver that has great customer service skills? Are you a safe driver? Are you looking for a new long-term opportunity? If you answer yes, then this is for you!
Lancaster Foods, a wholesale produce distributor, is growing! We are looking to hire a CDL-A License Drivers to transport fresh produce to stores, schools, and other designated locations. If you are a team player with great customer service skills, and have a flexible schedule, apply now!
SCHEDULE: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends. Hours may change based on business needs.
Drivers are eligible for Pallet Return Program.
~Qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check and a drug test. ~
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
Transport product and equipment to and from warehouses, stores and other designated locations. Reports to Transportation Manager.
- Provide and maintain quality customer service!
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies/procedures and all driver qualifications required by FMCSR.
- Pre and post trip inspections of Commercial Motor Vehicles.
- Travel both local and regional distances as required.
- Put empty pallets in trailer or truck.
- Deliver product to destination. Travel both local and regional distances as required. Requires ability to drive long distances up to 10 hours per trip.
- Load/Unload product at customers as needed using hand and/or powered pallet jacks.
- Inventory Deliveries, Pickups and Returns.
- Maintain safe vehicle and conditions. Protect load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Maintain and correctly complete paperwork, including but not limited to: Driver Manifest, Invoices, Credit memos, Cash tickets, Log Books (when necessary), DVIR’s and Driver Trip Report.
- Maintain cleanliness of Lancaster property.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain a PIT Card for powered pallet jacks.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a commercial vehicle.
- Must demonstrate basic reading/math/comprehension skills.
- A minimum of two years tractor-trailer experience on public streets/highways.
- Must possess and maintain a permanent Class “A” CDL, with Airbrake endorsement
- Must be free of violation points and serious traffic violations within the past three years.
- Must not have been disqualified for any reason within the past 10 years.
- Must pass functional assessment test and vehicle road test.
- Must not have been disqualified/unqualified as a CMV driver for a drug/alcohol offense within the last ten years. (Pass a Drug/Alcohol screening)
- Must not have been convicted of a felony during the last 10 years. (Pass a Criminal Background Check)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to pass a required FMCSR physical by a DOT certified Doctor.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours per day, driving a commercial tractor-trailer, and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Tractor-Trailer or Box Truck.
- Typical warehouse equipment.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.