Looking to be a vital contributor to the assurance of providing safe food to the public? The Food Safety Tech provides assistance to the Food Safety Manager and Food Safety Specialist in quality control and quality assurance. This person will spend most of their time on the production floor. If you possess strong attention to detail, enjoy conducting experiments, have previous experience with food whether in the restaurant or warehouse industry, and are a team player, please inquire!
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-operation inspections
- Monitoring Critical control points.
- Raw & Finished product evaluation (code dates, weight, quality, etc.).
- Verifying labels.
- Performing shelf life evaluations.
- Monitoring GMP & Safety compliance of employees in production.
- Adhere to GSFI polices and procedures.
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures. .
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- A minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience desired.
- Must be detailed oriented and have excellent follow up skills.
- Bilingual is a plus but not required.
- Must demonstrate basic math skills.
- Must be proficient in reading and writing.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical warehouse equipment.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.