|Benefits:||All employees are eligible for benefits 60 days after date of hire. Lancaster Foods benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, LTD and AD&D. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Lancaster Foods is a 24/7 fast paced environment. If you are customer service oriented, organized and work well in a tight team, this might be the job for you.
No recruiters please
Maximizes trailer utilization to ensure routing efficiency and manages the daily execution of drivers (Class A and Class B) to ensure on-time delivery and to mitigate disruptions to the business. Reports to Director of Transportation.
- Route vehicles for loading by considering the weight of the product, the destination, the route, the rate, and the time of shipment, and the overall time and distance of the route.
- Continually monitor driver activities, schedules and absences to ensure optimum productivity.
- Assist with the management the daily operation of the department to include ensuring on-time delivery of planned routes and same-day routes, accounting of resources, supervising drivers, planning for the next day, and communicating information quickly and accurately.
- Manage same day routing and ensure that pickups/backhauls of product are properly coordinated.
- Assess and regularly provide the Director of Transportation with updates on the operation, safety, and driving behavior.
- Use the telematics system to track driver performance, driving habits, and productivity to improve driver behavior.
- Perform weekly and monthly inventories of department assets to ensure accountability.
- Safeguard warehouse/driver operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Vendors and Customers,
- Ensure drivers are providing quality customer service by monitoring our current systems.
- Review daily pre and post inspections to ensure the fleet is legal and to track any damage incurred.
- Communicate with other departments as necessary.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods policies and procedures and work safely at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- CDL A or B Experience is desired
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- A minimum of one to three years experience routing in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills. Microsoft Office, Roadnet, or Forward Thinking or similar transportation routing and telematics software is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees ranging from Executives to Line Staff
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 75 pounds, work in temperatures, which range from 28-90 degrees, work in a wet, damp and dusty environment, and ability to read/understand warehouse documents.
Personal Protective Equipment is required. Steel Toed Shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt] and your ID badge/timecard.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.