Lancaster Foods is growing! Our Fresh Cut section is looking for a Production Crew Leader to provide assistance to Supervisors and Managers by delegating and directing workflow of team members.
If you have experience managing others, working with food machinery and packaging materials, working under strict deadlines, and have a keen eye for quality inspection, this may be the job for you!
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check, drug test and a reliable transportation.~
A Team Member is assigned to the Production Department of Lancaster Foods to work at various Production stations, ensuring that produce is processed according to quality specifications, customer needs, and supervisor direction.
- Train and orient new team members.
- Delegate work assignments as directed by Production Manager.
- Operate food-processing equipment.
- Follow established guidelines for quality and safety.
- Maintain cleanliness of production room.
- Meet established productivity levels.
- Communicate problems to management.
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all production and food safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Must observe all GMP's and SOP's .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate basic math skills. Must demonstrate proficiency to read English.
- Bi-lingual [English/Spanish] is desired but not required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Lancaster Foods offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.