Do you have strong AP experience? Have you worked in a manufacturing/production environment? If so this position is for you!
No recruiters please
The AP Staff Accountant will be responsible for month end accruals and AP processing. They will assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly and annual reports, to auditable standards, for consolidation into Company results, which reflect the Company’s position and progress against financial goals.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintain Journal Entries file. Input entries.
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities, including journal entries and report processing and distribution.
- Responsible for AP processing (code invoices), reviewing and tracking.
- Assist Director of Finance with specific general ledger accounts during budget process. Compile budget worksheets for Accounting Department.
- Prepare financial reports for special projects.
- Process account coding on a routine basis and enter into spreadsheet.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work requires knowledge of accounting or business principles and practices generally obtained through completion of a bachelor's degree program in an accounting or business-related field.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or formal training; Competence in applying general accounting principles, personnel practices, and coordination of major administrative functions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer knowledge: strong Excel skills required. Proficiency with PeopleSoft preferred. Working knowledge of Google Docs. Produce Pro a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to lead; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.