Oversee preparation of records of shipment and bills of lading for trucks and trailers. Manages CDL A, B and Non-CDL drivers, and Transportation Supervisors. Reports to Director of Transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Route vehicles for loading by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate and time of shipment and overall time and distance of route.
- Ship items by verifying content, quantity and condition of items.
- Communicate with buyer(s) and sales on a daily basis.
- Safeguard warehouse/driver operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Assist Director of Transportation with monthly driver meetings. Coordinate schedules and plan agenda.
- Manage the OTR/Regional process.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Vendors and Customers.
- Ensure Drivers are providing quality customer service by monitoring our current systems.
- Conduct Annual performance reviews on salaried and hourly personnel. Responsible for hiring, and documenting employee performance. Makes recommendation with other Managers regarding the status of an employee or candidate.
- Assist other managers as needed.
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods policies and procedures.
- Organize, track and file US Department of Transportation time-sensitive documents.
- Assist in maintaining required Transportation documentation including driver recertification, random drug screen etc.
- Enter purchase orders into Produce Pro and make customer delivery appointments.
- Analyze and manage driver performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- CDL A or B Experience is desired
- A minimum of five years of related experience. At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the mid-Atlantic region.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills. Microsoft Office Roadnet or similar computer routing software if necessary.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees ranging from Executives to Line Staff
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 75 pounds, work in temperatures, which range from 28-90 degrees, work in a wet, damp and dusty environment, and ability to read/understand warehouse documents.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Steel Toed Shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt] and your ID badge/timecard.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.