We are looking for a forward-thinking, knowledgeable, and energetic manager who will build a positive relationship with our team of drivers.
Lancaster Foods; Innovative Solutions in Fresh Cut & Produce
Lancaster Foods is a best-in-class wholesale produce company with a 220,000-square-foot state-of-the-art distribution and processing center in Jessup and, as a 24/7 operation, has unrivaled customer service.
Every day, over 100 trucks run from Maine to Florida with heavy concentration in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C., all to meet needs of retail customers with what they want, when they want it.
Awesome benefits include:
- Medical, Dental Vision, Life and paid AD&D coverage
- Medical premiums are paid up to 80%
- Paid Time Off
- Short term disability
- 401k with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program
Does this sound like you?
- Maintain a high level of compliance under the FMCSR and DOT
- Meet all types of deadlines be it customer, internal or DOT mandated
- Build a solid team of safe drivers
- Develop team trainers
- Solid interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Software capable
- Multi tasker
- Meticulous attention to details
- Mentor drivers and supervisors
- Route vehicles for loading by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate and time of shipment and overall time and distance of route
- Ship items by verifying content, quantity and condition of items
- Communicate with buyer(s) and sales on a daily basis.
- Safeguard warehouse/driver operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Assist Director of Transportation with monthly driver meetings. Coordinate schedules and plan agenda.
- Manage the OTR/Regional process.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Vendors and Customers.
- Ensure Drivers are providing quality customer service by monitoring our current systems.
- Conduct Annual performance reviews on salaried and hourly personnel. Responsible for hiring, and documenting employee performance. Makes recommendation with other Managers regarding the status of an employee or candidate.
- Assist other managers as needed.
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods policies and procedures.
- Organize, track and file US Department of Transportation time-sensitive documents.
- Assist in maintaining required Transportation documentation including driver recertification, random drug screen etc.
- Enter purchase orders into Produce Pro and make customer delivery appointments.
- Analyze and manage driver performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse
- A minimum of five years of related experience. At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the mid-Atlantic region.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills. Microsoft Office Roadnet or similar computer routing software if necessary.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees ranging from Executives to Line Staff
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 75 pounds, work in temperatures, which range from 28-90 degrees, work in a wet, damp and dusty environment, and ability to read/understand warehouse documents.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Steel Toed Shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt] and your ID badge/timecard.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.